Students are often expected to research a particular field of study, and most importantly, publish their project results in conference and journal publications. While this might appear or sound like an easy process to graduate students, it may be a daunting task for most students, especially those in the category of ‘what should I write my paper about‘ ieee paper.
Notably, students or even websites that write papers tend to have problems when it comes to transferring the research papers work’s findings or results from a report into a research paper, compiling high-quality research papers, and choosing among the many conference publications and journals in their field of study.
What is IEEE research paper writing Style?
IEEE is an abbreviation for Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), a professional organization that supports various branches of engineering, Information Technology (IT) and computer science. Apart from publishing conference proceedings, magazines, and journals, IEEE also recommends writing standard for many industries. IEE is used mainly for engineering, electronics, telecommunications, and Information technology and computer science reports. This type of paper format may some times appear very complicated and may require the school paper writing services to fix it.
What do research paper writer consider when writing IEEE papers
IEEE writing style bears similarity with most aspects of the general research paper format. The difference comes in the citation and referencing. IEEE referencing feature three main parts, which allows the reader to identify the cited sources at a glance easily. These parts are;
• Name of the author, listed as the first initial of the first name, and then second full name last.
• The title of the article, conference paper, patent etc. in quotation marks
• Title of the book or journal in italics
The following are the basic of IEEE cation and referencing
- In-text citation
- List of reference
Each citation should be noted within the text by use of simple sequential numbers.
• IEEE citation style should have in-text citation included in the body of the text and numbered in square brackets.
• The citations should reflect the list of reference usually contained in the last section of the paper.
• The reference list should be organized numerically, and not alphabetically.
• You do not need to mention the name of the author, page number used, and publication date in the in-text citation. Instead, you need to refer to the source using a number enclosed in a square bracket, e.g. , which should respond to the full citation in the reference list.
• Bracketed citations should be placed within the line of the text
• Leave a space before the first bracket enclosing the number
• Sources should be numbered as they are cited in the paper.
• Once you have referred to a given source and assigned it a number, you should continue to use that particular number as you cite the source throughout the paper.
• When citing multiple sources at once, you should list each number separately. Each number should have its bracket and separated using a dash, or comma.
How to write a list of Reference for research paper write
• The list of reference should appear at the end of the paper
• Provide a full citation for all the reference listed
• List the references numerically in the order you have cited them in the text
• Include the bracketed number before each of the references.
• Title the heading as “References’ centered or aligned at the top left of the reference page.
• Each reference should have a hanging indent, with bracketed numbers flush with the page’s left side.
• Hanging ident need to highlight the numerical sequence of the cited references.
• List the name of the author as first initial, last name.
• List the title of the article in quotation marks.
• List the title of a book in italics
• Dates and authors need not be written out after the reference. You should use the bracketed number instead.
• Also, avoid phrases “in reference to . Instead, write in