It’s easy to write a research paper in the social sciences class but in case it’s a challenge and you feel you are not up to task or you are faced with limited time you can always contact best research paper service for an excellent written paper. In case you write it yourself, then follow this guide to the end, you’ll know everything about what you need to do.
If your professor wanted a social science research paper, you ought to write an excellent and great paper for him. It’s more than just knowing what the topic is. It’s understanding the content to write and the procedure to follow and you will know what do my research paper on social science.
What makes a good social sciences research paper?
- It has an interesting topic: Some topics are boring and are not helpful. If you choose a topic, make sure you choose one that’s interesting and easy to understand.
- It has a good flow of ideas: If your research paper has no good flow of ideas, it won’t be easy to understand. Make sure the ideas in your paper are closely connected.
- It’s engaging: If you have a research paper that engages the reader, it would be fun and exciting.
- The abstract is clearly stated: A well-stated abstract is important; it should state the purpose of the whole research paper using few sentences.
- The length matter: If you want to give a solution to a problem entirely, you ought to explain your research in details. Your research paper should be at least 10 pages long.
If you can maintain the four qualities, and many more, such as language, and grammar, you’re good to go.
The structure of a research paper in the social sciences is quite simple. Since, like an essay, it has headings and subheadings.
To ensure your paper is easy to read and understand, include headings and sub-headings. From the title to the conclusion and references, the structure should be clear.
The Structure of a Research Paper in Social Sciences
The structure contains:
- The title, which should be bolded, and central to the topic of research
- The abstract or the thesis statement
- The body, which contains the methodology used to perform the research
- The conclusion and the references
Before you write, there’re things you ought to consider. You should have first known the research topic, the resources, and everything else.
Here’re the steps when writing:
Set a topic and develop a research question
Your topic should be narrowed down to what you like. Consider your hobbies and your interests when selecting the topic to research about.
After identifying the topic, develop a research question, which you aim to solve using that research. By the end of your research paper, ensure it well covers the topic and answer the question in the conclusion part.
You ought to know a lot about the topic. The way to do that, research! Know which keywords people use and use them to find good resourceful books.
Perform research online too, find websites that are resourceful and read their content.
It’s important to note that, websites, which end in .org, .net, and .co, should be considered first when searching for information. These sites are more credible and contain first-hand knowledge.
Taking notes is important
When researching, make sure you’re taking notes. Taking notes helps you develop that clear outline in your head. It also helps to keep track of the important points tat you came across when compiling the research.
Benefits of an outline:
- An outline helps you stay organized: By having an outline drawn, you can be sure of what to write and how to write it.
- It enables you to keep on track: Sometimes; you wander off and think about other things, which aren’t part of the research paper. An outline ’ll always guide you to avoid wondering off and Only write what’s supposed to be in the paper.
- The flow is kept: If you write the flow of your paper in one page or two, it’s easier to review and edit it that with a 10-page paper. Writing an outline makes your ideas flow too, it’s a necessity for a great research paper in social sciences.
After doing your research and you have an outline, it’s time to write.
Write the title
Your research paper should have a title, not only the title but also a great title, which is short and precise. Short titles are easy to understand.
It should address the research problem and leverage the use of keywords to ensure your paper receives traffic from Google, in case you put your paper online.
Your thesis statement defines what your essay entails. Hence, it should be clearly stated. Don’t set a wrong thesis statement, which you can later lack ideas and info to support it.
An abstract is usually limited to not more than 200 words. Hence, if you plan to write a great synopsis, ensure it’s not more than the stated amount of words.
The body of your research paper should contain everything. It supports the introduction and goes a long way to put the explanation in a procedure.
It’s full of methods, divided into headings and sub-headings. Make the body of your research paper great by allowing your ideas to flow logically.
Wrap up the research paper, by summarizing it all in conclusion.
Put a call to action and a recommendation from your research.
General tips of writing a research paper in social sciences
- Write in the third person: a research paper is developed from an event that had already happened. Hence, your paper should be written in third-person narrative.
- Cite sources to avoid plagiarism; plagiarism is a bad practice. It’s like stealing someone’s work. The best thing to do is to acknowledge that person in the paper.
- Be concise: A research paper is often long. To ensure your paper stays relevant, don’t include information that’s not needed in the paper.
These’re the correct guidelines on how to write a research paper in the social sciences.
It’s not a tough task, as you might have known. It only needs a good outline and following the outline.
If you’re told to perform social science research, you should be confident and follow this guide for the best results.