Argumentative Research paper presents two sides of a controversial topic or issue in one discussion. This type of research paper is usually more emotional but still need to be supported with un-emotive statistical data and logical facts with well formatted in-text citations and references. Our Term paper writing service should describe the event or object from two opposing viewpoints, analyzing the advantages and disadvantages of each side of the argument. You should then conclude on your preferred side or opinion.
The central point of an argumentative research paper is taking one side of the argument. You’re supposed to develop your stance into the thesis statement, which forms the argument that you feel is more logical for a particular topic. The primary aim of this paper is to get the reader on your side of the point of view by supporting your position with a logical argument backed by information and facts from reliable and credible sources.
In an argumentative paper, the researcher does not only convince the readers to come on his/her side or position based solely on their opinion. Instead, you should use carefully structured research to demonstrate the credibility and variability of your argument. This means that you have to provide facts and information that enables the reader to come to the same conclusion as you.
Principal Parts of an Argumentative Paper
These papers follow the general format like any other write up. The main parts of the argumentative paper are:
Here, you introduce the reader to the topic and argument. You should only use basic, brief and understandable concepts and terms to explain to the audience your point of view regarding the topic of discussion. The introduction part should be an overview of the topic. Don’t get into the specifics about the topic and argument, as this will come in the body part.
The body of the argumentative research paper is where you expound on the topic or claim and explain your point of view and why you think your position is the best. You may argue for or against a claim using pertinent facts.
Here you need to summarize your paper by restating only the relevant facts and information that support your side of the argument.
Priorities of Argumentative Research Papers Topics
There are some things you need to consider when you need help with my research paper writing for this type of paper. Some of them include:
- Introduce the topic- Briefly introduce the reader to the overall topic you will be arguing on and the two opposing sides before taking a position. The topic chosen should be something arguable. Avoid stating matters of taste or facts. For example, something like’ “America is a capitalist nation” would not form a good topic for an argumentative research because historically, America is known for its capitalism policies. Instead, you may choose a topic like “Marijuana should be legalized in the United States”.
- Declare your stance or argument – Clearly, state your position on the topic of discussion in the thesis statement. Your thesis statement should be arguably rather than just a mere mention of bare facts. Tell the readers why you think marijuana should be legalized in more states in America. You may research on health benefits of Marijuana to argue out and support your points.
- Use critical evaluation to develop a logical argument- Use logical persuasion to create your argument to persuade or convince readers. Remember, your aim is to persuade the reader to your side using a well-structured valid argument.
- Use credible and reliable sources to support your stance- Support your argument with reliable source backed by in-text citations and references.
- Include information on the opposing position or view- In an argumentative research paper, you’re trying to convince the reader to think why your point of view is better than the opposing view. Therefore, you have to bring out the two opposing sides undoubtedly and presents the strengths and weaknesses of each team before you come up with a logical conclusion.
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
These may include topic;
- Why marijuana should be legalized